Three Postdoctoral Positions in Cosmology Group at KASI
Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute (KASI), Daejeon
(posted on 2016-12-07T01:27:55Z)
Application deadline: 2016-12-16T07:00:00Z
Contact: Ms. A-in Cho (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Job category: Postdoc/Fellowship
The Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute (KASI) is a government-funded research institute located in Daejeon, Republic of Korea. We conduct front-line research in various fields of astronomy, astrophysics and space science, develop astronomical instruments and operate facilities in Korea and overseas. We are currently looking for creative and outstanding postdoctoral scientists. The candidate will have full access to all the resources and facilities of KASI. KASI’s resources and facilities include the Gemini and the MMT through K-GMT Science Program (~15 nights per semester), 1.8-m Bohyunsan optical telescope, 1.0-m Mt. Lemmon optical telescope, IGRINS, KVN, KaVA, TRAO 14-m telescope, ALMA through East Asia Region, and the JCMT through East Asia Observatory.
The Areas of Recruitment
2. Star-forming Regions or Evolved Stars in Our Galaxy
4. Solar Corona
5. Observational Studies of Asteroids
6. KMTNet Science on Variable Stars and Exoplanets
7. Extragalactic Observational Astronomy
8. Interstellar and Intergalactic Medium
9. Space Situational Awareness
10. Infrared Astronomy with IGRINS
※ Only applicants within 5 years of doctoral degree are eligible.
□ Required Documents
- Research achievement and plan
- 5-year Publication and project list
- More than two letters of recommendation
* Send directly from the recommenders to email@example.com The Applications should be submitted by 2016-12-16 (17:00 KST) online. A photo of the diploma should be presented when the candidate joins the KASI.
The successful candidate will be provided with the remuneration (starting from around 32,400,000 KRW(about 29,000 USD) per annum excluding severance pay) depending on qualification, research budget and financial supplement for health insurance and national pension, one-way airfare to join the KASI (economy class), and a dormitory room for single/shared occupancy if needed.(dorm fees : 150,000/90,000 KRW) The period will be two (2) years with one year extension upon successful performance. The KASI is committed to increasing its diversity and welcomes applications from women, minorities and people with disabilities.